Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bringing 'em back! (Part I)

Ok, well as some of yall know, back in the day things around here used to be more exciting. In the infant stages of me doing this blog, I was smack dab in the middle of fighting an enemy that was willing to show up with AKs, machine guns and RPGs, and it was becoming common place. Shortly after my blogs popularity began, I ran in to some issues with my old platoon leader and what he felt were OPSEC violations with my blog. I ended up shutting it down for a little while and removing all my old (as I would say exciting) posts.

After an article about my blog writen by an Associated Press write Robert Weller, which appeared in the Stars & Stripes found here in Iraq, things with my chain of command changed and I was allowed and in fact encouraged by others to keep writing. To save myself trouble, I kept my old posts offline, athough I did vow to get the back online eventually. Well folks, I have finally gotten off my lazy ass and done a few. I've gone through and done some lighting editing, for I didn't quite like the way I said things and hoped to make it less confusing. I'll be doing more as time permits so definately stay tuned, and make sure and check them out and let me know what ya think!

Links to old posts:

"They're all fucking militia!" - My first patrol: This is about the first time I left the FOB on patrol with an MP unit that was operating in our soon to be AO.

My first combat mission...: Pretty self explanitory. This was the first real mission we ended up having once in Iraq.

The day of one legged crippled guys...: This was quite an ironic day as I had several clashes with men with only one leg. This was a busy couple days with a funny story that I'll have to take with me for the rest of my life.

A day of excitement!: After several weeks of running patrols and nothing really happening, this was the first day that we had ourselves something exciting to talk about once we returned to the FOB. Also my first experience with the carnage of Iraq.


Digg this story! Add to del.icio.us! Subscribe to this feed!

2 comments:

David M said...

Trackbacked by The Thunder Run - Web Reconnaissance for 08/12/2007
A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention updated throughout the day…so check back often. This is a weekend edition so updates are as time and family permits.

Anonymous said...

"Removed for screening"
this is a pity in such a way...
but the new ones are nevertheless really good. What was the problem with the old ones?
lisa