Saturday, June 16, 2007

I wonder if you can hear my stomach growl...

So I was chilling with my buddy outside last night. We ended up having to pull 11 hours in the guard tower, and after that was done had to do some other 'guard' type stuff. Was a long night and durring our break between the 11 hour shift and this new one, we were outside smoking and just talking. Well, like anything here, our conversation steered towards back home and we got on the subject of food that we really missed and places that we liked to eat out. After going back in forth for a while, I decided that there were some places that I wanted to eat at while I was on leave and I didn't want to forget about them. So I started a list! :) Its not a final list, but here it is as it stands today. I will continue to add places as I think of them, but this is what I got for now.

*Not appearing in any order*

  • Chipotle - They have by far the best burritos. Its like a subway, where they have all the ingredients in front of you and they make it as you choose stuff. And they are HUGE!
  • Taco Bell - Im craving some double decker tacos, nachos supreme and a big Mt Dew.
  • Wendy's - There's so much here I like, but a bacon cheese burger, spicy chicken sadwich and their fries.... they are to die for.
  • McDonald's - Big Mac baby! McRib if they still have it when I get back. Not to mention I will probably have Sausage Egg and Cheese McMuffin for breakfast almost every morning.
  • Famous Daves - This is place that made me like ribs. They claim to have the best ribs, and I highly doubt they are lying. They are AMAZING!
  • Applebee's - I used to work here and some of their nacho's and a Bourbon street steak sounds awesome right now.
  • Carraba's - This place blows Olive Garden out of the water. Calamari here I come!
  • Howies Pizza - They have many flavored crusts to choose from. Going to be SOO good.
  • Domino's Pizza - I used to work here and they have by far the best bread and cheese sticks around.
  • Papa Johns Pizza - Can you ask for anything better than a pepperoni pizza slice covered in heart attack causing garlic butter sauce?!? I think not!
  • Native New Yorker - I love the wings from this place, with celerey, carrots and a big tub of ranch!

Well there you go, and now I am official starving, but dont have even the opportunity to eat at the chow hall.... damnit! Feel free to make any suggestions that I might have forgot about. It would really help me out :)


Digg this story! Add to del.icio.us! Subscribe to this feed!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, what is your favorite food in the "care packages" from home?

Anonymous said...

DUDE! It's 0130 here on the west coast and you totally made MY stomach growl!

The two restaurants that I'd recommend aren't near you. Johnny Carinos is a kick ass italian eatery and BJs Brewery & Restaurant has kicken hot wings.

I do have to agree that Famous Dave's does have the best bbq ... seriously gotta quit talkin about food.

Anon had a good question ... what is the favorite food from home ... put something out there and I'm sure your loyal readers would hook you up.

Stay safe!

Anonymous said...

...can't believe I forgot to mention ... In-n-Out double double animal style ...

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask that same question. ?
NC SoldiersAngel....asking.

Anonymous said...

You got my favorites Taco 'Hell' and Papa Johns. Only you forgot Steak 'n Shake.

Haole Wahine said...

To quote Guy Clark by way of one of George Strait's new releases:
(By the time you eat your way to AZ, I think you're gonna need a new pair of jeans.)

Ain't that Texas Cookin' Somethin'

"I'm going down to Austin, Texas
Ease on down to San Antone
Get that bar-b-que and chili
Eat my fill then come back home
I'm gonna take my baby with me
We gonna have a high ol' time
We gonna eat till we got silly
Sho' do make a beer taste fine

Well, I know a man that cooks armadillo
Tastes so sweet he calls it pie
I know a woman that makes pan dulce
Tastes so good it gets you high

Get them enchiladas greasy
Get them steaks chicken fried
Sho' do make a man feel happy
See white gravy on the side

Well, I know a place that's got fried okra
Beat anything I ever saw
I know a man that cooks cabrito
It must be against the law

We gonna get a big ol' sausage
Big ol' plate of ranch-style beans
I could eat the heart of Texas
We gonna need some brand new jean

[Chorus]
Oh my, momma ain't that Texas cookin' something
Oh my, momma stop yo' belly and backbone bumpin'
Oh my, momma ain't that Texas cookin' good
Oh my, momma eat it everyday if I could"

Samira the Ninja said...

when you get back to phx, you gotta hit streets of new york and four peaks brewery in tempe. plus, once you're drunk and it's 2am, run through filibertos...but only when you're drunk--without the alcohol in your belly to kill the bacteria, the food may kill you! i agree with carla about in-n-out, carinos and bj's and would also thrown in an ultimate bacon cheeseburger from jack in the box.

mmmm, you've got me hungry too and i don't get home till oct :(

Anonymous said...

hey - your freaking HOT...i hope yo get to eat all your favorite foods soon...

Torii said...

Ever eat Buffalo Wild Wings? I don't know if there's one in phoenix, but there's one here in Tucson. Gooood food. I love their wings. Definitely worth a try! Even if you like Hooters more =)